A year and some months ago I learned about modelling, texturing, tabling, normal mapping and FRED. I then embarked on a modding journey to create Wings of Dawn. And now, finally. It's here.
Follow the happy go lucky 1st Joint Guardian Angel Strike Force as they go to far away places, meet new alien life forms and then, kill them.
A new universe
Glorious new weapons
A truck ton of custom made models
Hand made .ani's
And all sorts of wonderful content!
Wings of Dawn requires:
* MediaVPs, 3.6.12
* The 3.6.12 build or newer
* Just like other mods, WoD will look for the mediavps in /mediavps_3612/ so ensure that's where your mediavps are!
* Once you have downloaded the files above, simply extract them to your FreeSpace 2 folder.
* Open your FreeSpace 2 Launcher (usually launcher.exe), go to MOD tab and select Wings of Dawn as your mod. Open Features tab and select Gameplay as list type. Make sure you have enabled "Use models for ship selection" and "Use models for weapons selection". I personally do not recommend lighting settings that have no ambient lighting.
* It is strongly recommended to create a new pilot to play Wings of Dawn
* Once in-game, go to the Campaign menu, select the Wings of Dawn campaign and start playing!
Download (277 MB)
Downloads on the old fsmods site: 761